Common approach in the field of job placement for beneficiaries of Voluntary Return Assistance (Kurdistan Region of Iraq)
The aim of the MAGNET II project is to support the long-term socio-economic reintegration of Voluntary Return Assistance (ARV) beneficiaries returning to the Kurdistan Region of Iraq from the 6 participating European Union Member States ( Germany, Belgium, Finland, France, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom), by setting up a common approach in the field of job placement.
MAGNET II builds on the positive results of the MAGNET pilot project, implemented by IOM from January 2012 to June 2013. This new phase will enhance and broaden the approach developed during the pilot phase, in particular by strengthening the capacities of local authorities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and strengthening links with the private sector.
- Pre-departure information on job placement and concrete employment and training opportunities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Development and dissemination of various information materials, in particular: updating brochures, booklets and the project website; organization of national information meetings in each participating EU Member State; creating an online forum.
- Developing the network of employers and private-sector partners to facilitate the job placement of beneficiaries and increase the number of job opportunities available.
- Strengthening the partnership with local authorities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, to encourage gradual ownership of the professional placement approach - understood as a sustainable reintegration mechanism for ARV beneficiaries - by the Iraqi authorities . Organization of a follow-up workshop in each governorate of the region, and a study visit of the different return-to-work schemes implemented in the participating EU Member States.
- Counseling and orientation in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq after the return of the beneficiaries. Orientation to potential employers and / or training centers, in line with the identified needs of the private sector and the skills of the beneficiaries.
The project is managed by the IOM Paris office (Nazanine Nozarian, firstname.lastname@example.org , +33 1 40 44 06 84), in coordination with IOM Iraq and the other IOM offices in the Member States of the participating EU.
Calendar and Budget
MAGNET II is in place since 1 st April 2014 for a period of 24 months. The project is funded by the European Return Fund (Community Actions 2013) and co-financed by the project partners. The total budget is 726,308 euros.
- Belgium : Federal Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers (FEDASIL)
- Finland: National Office for Migration (Migri)
- France : Ministry of the Interior - Directorate General of Foreigners in France (DGEF)
- Kurdistan Region of Iraq : Office of Migration and Displacement (BMD); Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA)
- Netherlands : Ministry of Security and Justice - Repatriation and Departure Service (DT & V)
- United Kingdom : Ministry of the Interior (Home Office)